Saturday, December 27, 2008

time for reflection


Here I am sitting looking towards the sea at Damai (peace) Beach Resort at 6.07am. This morning the ‘salty’ air smells so fresh. The air is a bit cold out here as the monsoon wind is quite strong; lending its force to the waves that hit the beach. The cool air perhaps due to the geographical fact that Gunung (mountain) Santubong is just next to the resort. The clouds that envelopes the top of the mountain shows how cool the temperature are right now.

A few take an opportunity to walk at the beach. For me, I just laid back at the beach to wait for the sun to come out. I have not heard the sound of the wave for quite some time. Perhaps I have forgotten how it sounds like. But as I sitting here, it reminds me of how peaceful the sound can be. I hope that I just can freeze the moment for a while and cherish it a few seconds longer. However, we know that it is not possible. Waves come and go. The birds that chirping on a tree beside where I am sitting right now will fly away to find foods to survive. The sun will rise up and so the rest of the living entities. A few hours later, lives will pick up its pace and moves on.

At this peaceful moment, it is very hard to imagine that the world is in state of chaos. There is hunger at one corner, pollutions which hurt the mother natures, war at certain countries, corruptions and greed at all part of the world. The so called new age of mankind saw the advancement in technology that able to produce better and higher yield of agricultural products. Yet, the inequality distribution of wealth causes hungers and malnutrition to certain continents. We keep on ‘asking’ for more natural resources from this planet and we repay that ‘kindness’ by polluting it. When lives are lost due to Typhoon, floods or landslides, we say it is an act of God. How convenient! We always can find someone to blame even if it means blaming the God. We never realize that perhaps we caused our own destruction.

Ah… the sun had come out. I just want to look towards the sea and enjoy this beautiful moment. The ‘audio’ and the ‘visual’ are perfect. I may not know when I can have the same peaceful moment again in the future. So let me savor the fraction of this heavenly moment for a while. I will pick up the pace of this life for my own survival later.

2 comments:

Princess Aurora said...

Mr.My Lord, If you can, include more pictures in your blog. The story is so good n make me want to see what you see. Soo please kind sir to upload some pix. :-)

Unknown said...

noted my friend.