Friday, December 12, 2008

flying with the hornbill

The journey to Kuching will take around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) is impressive as ever. It is still early in the morning before my flight to Kuching at 8.15am. I went to the book shop to look out for something to read like newspaper or something. Then I remember that MAS did provide free newspaper.

I began to regret for not buying the newspaper as the free newspaper were ‘sold out’. I thought there is enough copies for everyone. Then I saw some passengers holding two or more copies of newspapers with them. Perhaps they need twice the amount of information so the level of their wisdom will increase twofold. Yeah, give them a benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I end up reading MAS internal magazine and the first thing I look up is the advertisement of CIMB. I guess I have to let go the work and switch to vacation mode huh!

As I look through the windows, I can see rivers crisscrossing the land; it is definitely beyond doubt... Kuching. The plane touched down at Kuching International Airport as scheduled. The landing was smooth and the checking out of the airport is without any delay and as I looked up the billboard it says “welcome to the land of the hornbill”. Yep, for the next couple of days, I will fly with the hornbills.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Pak Rin Rin, flying in style by MAS eh? Chewah. In case you've forgotten, checking out CIMB ads is not part of our KPI alright, hehe. Will check out the rest of your entries later. In the meantime, I shall be watching you (followed by my usual signs with 2 fingers pointing from my eyes to you)...

Unknown said...

ha ha

you're true blue 'class monitor'; watching my 'delinquent' even in my vacation.