Thursday, May 21, 2009

Poring Hot Spring


If the temperature in Kundasang is too cool for you, you can warm yourself up at the ‘Poring hot spring’. The hot spring is just another 45 minutes from the Kinabalu Park. There are many things to do/see like the butterfly farm, canopy walk, cool refreshing water falls and of course the hot spring. On our way up, there was a stalled bus that caused slight traffic jam (it takes more than this to cause massive jam at this part of the world). The bus was still at the same spot when we came down. I guess ‘technical support’ is quite slow at this area.

Anyway, back to the main attraction, for those who have lot of spare time, I would suggest that you do the canopy walk, refresh your self at the water falls and then hit the hot spring.

To get to the canopy walk, you need to pay a nominal entrance fee around RM3. You have to do some jungle trekking uphill about 500 meters. The trek is not that difficult but you might want to pace down to enjoy the fresh air. The reward at the end of the 500 meters of jungle trekking is the scenic bird eye view of the tropical forest.

Then you can relax your aching muscle at the hot spring. You can choose to take a bath at the designated area or you can just roll up your trousers and dip your feet inside the hot spring. The hot water soothes my aching and tired feet. I should have brought extra cloths so I can take a hot bath. Well, there is always a next time.

If that is not refreshing enough, you can go to the nearby stalls for a drink, where you can find almost anything from coconut, and sugar cane to canned drinks. I chose to drink 100 plus and to my surprise; I emptied the whole 325ml in 5 seconds. That shows how tired I am.

No comments: